- Drive away Ted Kennedy’s supporters;
- Drive away the Aborigines; deny that they come to this church;
- Don’t engage with non-Neocat parishioners; don’t listen to them; don’t talk to them if it can be avoided; Keep them in the dark regarding parish matters;
- Ignore and/or deny their reasonable requests;
- Tell them they aren’t Catholics; that they are not welcome in this church; attack them from the pulpit;
- Keep looking at the time when in their presence; rush out of church at the end of Sunday Mass;
- Make it hard for them to bury their dead;
- Help them understand what it means to be marginalised;
- Do these things with the unconditional support of your archbishop.
Did someone forget to tell Melvin Llabanes?
Since Fr Melvin celebrated his first Sunday Mass as pp at St Vincent’s a month ago (18 September), none of these things have happened.
He is shaping up to be the first of the post-Kennedy parish priests to bring some hope of sanity, humanity and Christianity back to the role.
Melvin – Griffo’s funeral
This post has already been read 2886 times!